Friday, 29 June 2012

Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad Review


              Smokey eyes are a part of my all time fave look. I was on a hunt for eye shadows that would look day and work appropriate when I came across the Mocha Latte quad. I mainly bought it because there was a HUGE discount on it :)




****** WHAT IT CLAIMS ******

Our best selling eye shadow !! Won't crease or fade. Color stays true upto 12 hours.




****** WHAT IT IS ******

A set of four eye shadows in various shades of brown.


****** HOW TO USE ******

The quad comes with a dual end applicator but I found it to be useless and so prefer to use my makeup brushes. 




****** WHAT IT COSTS ******

5.6 gms. of the eye shadow costs Rs. 499 but I got it at a discount for Rs. 259 :) 




****** MY EXPERIENCE ******

The quad came in a chic black case that looked pretty stylish. If you look carefully, you can see a bit of a bulge at the bottom of the case in the above pic. That is the button you need to press to open it up. This makes it real travel friendly. The mirror in the case is big enough to reflect your entire face which is the best thing about it. There are instructions about application on the back of the box but following them made me look clownish. So I went with my intuition and did what I felt right.The shadows are very finely milled and there is some fall out so its best to apply your foundation last. They're very smooth to apply and two layers give you the perfect look. The lightest color is Latte, which is the highlighter. It looks matte in the case but is a shimmer shade very appropriate for day wear. Above it is Beige, which is a light brown. Next to Beige is Iced Coffee which is a beautiful metallic copper color that also looks great on the entire lid by itself. Above it is Espresso, which is a dark brown. Now eye shadows have always been at war with my super oily lids. Primers make them oilier so I used my foundation as a base. Guess what, the shadows comfortably lasted  for a full 6 hours with no fading !!! Can you beat that ??? I'm definitely going to get some more quads in this range. Taking it off was not a problem at all and a single swipe of a makeup remover was enough. This looks really pretty and natural and is my fave look to wear to work.




****** PROs******

- Stylish packaging.
- Lock case makes it travel friendly.
- Quite pigmented.
- Pretty shades.
- Smooth to apply.
- Lasts upto 6 hours on oily lids.
- Easy to remove.




****** CONs ******

None !!!


****** FINAL VERDICT ******

This is the first eyeshadow that can last so long on my oily lids and I'm in love with it.









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...