Saturday, 4 February 2012

Oriflame Perfecting Face Primer Review





I've read quite a lot about face primers and had been hunting for a suitable one for quite some time. Face primers are meant to prep up your face before your makeup, acting as a base. Since my skin is oily and its a real challenge trying to get makeup last long, I decided that I needed one but seriously didn't know what brands made them. I was browsing through the Oriflame catalogue last month and chanced upon their Perfecting Face Primer. It had the honor of becoming my first primer :)


******What It Claims******

Morning fresh makeup all day long! Light diffusing properties and emollients give your skin silky softness and an even complexion, whilst mattifying properties mean easier, more comfortable makeup application. The result is a perfect base for your makeup and a wonderfully radiant finish.





******What It Is*******

The primer is a light, creamy formula that doesn't weigh your skin down. It feels a little oily but isn't at all once you apply it. It blends into the skin in no time, evenly smoothing out your skin.


******PROs*******

My first experience with a primer was excellent. I was apprehensive about using it since my skin is oily. But it absorbed quickly and I loved how it felt. My skin felt very smooth in texture. Secondly, I always use a wet sponge to spread my foundation but it didn't make any difference to the primer. I was thinking about using a moisturiser before the primer because my skin had become excessively dry due to the winters. But I'm thankful I didn't as it performed as a moisturiser also. I used a little on my eyelids before the eyeshadow and found that the shadow spread better and I didn't have to go over and over as I normally have to. Just a pea sized amount was enough for the entire face. My foundation lasted for 5-6 hours with it. Its a little pricey at Rs. 398 for 30 ml but then again its cheaper if you compare it with other brands.





******CONs******

Although it helped foundation last sufficiently long on my face, but it did nothing for my lids. They continued to be oily as ever and my eyeshadow disappeared as usual within 2-3 hours.


******What To Do******

A good primer to opt for to get smoother skin and a good base for your makeup. If it worked for my oily skin, it can work for anyone. Get it fast as they have an introductory discount of 35% which makes the primer available at just Rs. 259. I took advantage of this offer and ordered two!!! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...